Wednesday 28 November 2012

Resident Evil 6: Part 1



  I just started playing Resident Evil 6 on Xbox 360 for the first time, I've started playing as Leon on normal difficulty. In my opinion the normal difficultly isn't really that hard so far, but I've only played it for about an hour, maybe it will get harder as I go on.
  The opening scene doesn't really make that much sense initially, but hopefully I'll find out what happened when i play some more. In the tutorial level there are far too many quick time events, it kinda takes the immersion out of the game. Another thing i don't like about the game so far is the display route guide, I've played almost all the Resident Evil games and found them really good (apart from number 5) and found that finding your way around the area yourself is part of the fun, but by using the display route guide it shows you exactly where to go, not fun! You also get a stupid achievement if you're on Xbox when you complete the tutorial which is worth 10 Gamerscore.
  After the tutorial though the game kind of gets back to its roots with the creepy atmosphere and dark rooms that make you nervous, which is good in a horror game. When you open your inventory the game doesn't pause unlike the previous games which I can sense will become annoying, we will have to see.
  A good thing about the combat side of the game is that if a zombie is holding a weapon (bottles, knifes, sledgehammers, pipes & axes) you can use it against them when you melee them enough times which is good fun and a way to save ammo.
  This is only part 1, I will be posting more about the game when I've played it more!

No comments:

Post a Comment